Today began my first full week of classes, and it was a very long day.
Every day I take the 8:20am tram from my stop, am Bischofskreuz, to Bertolds Brunnen in the center of town. There I meet my friends Emily and Mitch and we take another tram (sometimes we just walk), and a bus, and then walk about 10 minutes to our language class. Thankfully class wasn't as slow going as it usually is today, but I was sure happy when we were dismissed.
After class, Emily and I met back up with our friends Jon and Mitch (they are in a different class than us) and we walked into town for some lunch. We went to Uni Cafe, where we ate a few days earlier, and I got banana and Nutella crepes which were AMAZING. It is awesome going out to lunch in Germany because the waiter does everyone's checks seperately and you don't have to tip, so it saves a lot of time. Of course, because there is no tip, the service is terrible, but we were in no rush.
Starting today, we had the option of attending either a lecture or a seminar for the next 3 weeks. Emily, Mitch, Jon, and I all decided to take a class on the history of German film. Our language class ended at 12:45 but our film class didn't begin until 4:30, so we weren't really sure how to kill the time. We had to find the building where our class was, and the thing about Uni Freiburg is that the buildings are spread all throughout the city and none of them have names, so we got lost and took this excursion all over town for over an hour looking for building "UB2" only to find that we had led ourselves AROUND THE BLOCK and were right back where we started from!
Thankfully we did find our class on time and I thought it was extremely interesting, and can't wait for the lecture tomorrow. After class, we went to the movies with my other friend Rachel to see "der Ja Sager" (Yes Man) with Jim Carrey. Tonight they were showing it in English so it was nice to relax in the theater and not have to think for a few hours. There are assigned seats in German movie theaters, but are you surprised?
I didn't get back to my room until 8:30pm and was exhausted and starving. After I made myself a delicious dinner of pasta and watched an episode of "Die Simpsons" I decided to call it a night. Only a few more hours until I have to do it all over again tomorrow
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey you mentioned me in your blog! I feel special :D
ReplyDeleteThey have assigned seats at the movies in Spain too, but I think it's only on Sundays.
ReplyDeleteAlso, the no tipping deal...is fabulous. I miss that about Europe.