As part of my job as a DJ at WMHC, I have to complete committee hours every semester in order to get a show for the following semester. For the first time, this semester I'm on the reviewing committee, meaning I have to review 6 hours of CDs between now and the end of the semester. This means I listen to the CD in its entirety, check the lyrics for swear words, then type up a short blurb about the band and the music so it can be placed on the required shelf, which contains all the albums that the DJs have to play.
Yesterday I went and picked up 10 CDs from the station to write reviews. They opened up a huge bin full of them and told me to pick whatever I liked. Since it's all new bands, I had never heard of any of them, so I judged the albums completely by their covers. So far I've listened to 8 CDs and I've discovered that it's actually really really fun because every time I pop a new one into my computer, I have no clue what I'm going to get. After I listen to a song or two, I Google the band to find out some background information and I've been learning a lot. Five of the CDs I've listened to have been awesome, 2 have been terrible, and one I was completely indifferent about, but burned on to my laptop anyway in case I change my mind later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment